Saturday, November 17, 2012

What I am Thankful for...

While scanning facebook, I see that lots of you are posting what they are thankful for each day this month.  I'm 17 days behind so I will try to catch up!

I would like to say that I am thankful for all the choices that we have today in veterinary medicine.  Advances in technology and treatment are discovered what seems like on a daily basis.

I am thankful we have the choice of euthanasia so we may end our beloved pet's pain and suffering.

I am thankful for my family for their support.  There are many nights, weekends, holidays that technicians are working.  It may seem to our families who are not in veterinary medicine that we are "missing out", however, it is a great feeling to know you saved someone's pet on Christmas, what better gift can you give than sharing your skills and expertise to keep that family complete.

Everyday I am thankful to work at such a great hospital where I know that the doctors are committed to education.  Not just furthering their own but educating clients everyday to what their pet's needs may be.  Every day we see owners who's lives are changed in a blink of an eye.  Sometimes there is a devastating event or an illness is discovered.  We are thankful in advances in veterinary medicine and technology to help these pet's and their families that can sometimes extend their lives and add to the quality of their life.

I am thankful to all the veterinary hospitals in Wisconsin and the UP that send us cases and  share your clients with us.  I are thankful to work as an extension of your practice and do not take that for granted.  

I am thankful that there are clients who take the health care as well as the financial responsibility of their pet seriously.

Thank you to the doctors, technical support staff, client support staff , and referring community to your commitment to your field .

No comments:

Post a Comment