Saturday, February 7, 2015

Google, bing, panda, yahoo, twitter, oh my

Technology and education…. two things that are essential in keeping up in the word today. Veterinary medicine is not immune to this.  We all like to think that the patient and patient care is the only thing that we need to focus on and provide.  Not true.

Scientific education is the easy part, as any technician or doctor knows that the learning will never end and there is "easy access" to quality education.

When is comes to technology it is overwhelming.  What do I use, how do I use it, where do I post, when do I post it.  What the heck is panda, penguin, hummingbird,twitter, bing, supercalifragalisticexpiolidocious! (All are real except the last one).

Studies show that people use the their mobile devices to look for information, seek out a business, get directions, etc.  Google, Yahoo, and Bing make up 98% of HOW people are searching for the information they are looking for.

I am writing this blog right now as I am sitting in a marketing workshop in Savannah GA.  Currently the Fox Valley Animal Referral Center has a website, a Facebook page, a twitter account, a pinterest account, a blog, an app, a google page, and a you tube account.  Did you know this? Most of our staff does not know this! These are all great learning tools and I understand that we all seek out the information differently so the challenge is to keep up with all of this!

For anyone who has read our blog, you can see that the last blog was 2014, NOT like just a few weeks ago when it was 2014 but almost a year.  Marketing 101 dictates a blog should be weekly best case scenario, monthly worse case so let's see if I can do a better job of this.

I will commit to posting a blog monthly and will promise to keep it educational, not whiny like this one! SO IF you have read this, please hit me up on our Facebook page  and let me know what you would like to learn about!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php

www.fvarc.com

https://twitter.com

https://www.pinterest.com/fvarc/

Oh by the way, when posting a blog it is recommended to use a photo.  It has to be a photo YOU OWN, not a google image ad so here is a photo of Georgie, who I do have permission to use!

Cheers,
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment